Charles County Public Schools (CCPS) is hosting financial aid nights at its seven high schools next month to provide students and parents with strategies and tips on paying for college. Staff from the College of Southern Maryland (CSM) will present on the college fund search as well as share tips and other helpful resources about scholarships and the college planning process.
The following is a list of dates, times and locations. All financial aid nights are open to the public. Students are not required to attend the session set for their specific high school.
- Tuesday, Oct. 2 – St. Charles High School, 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 2 – La Plata High School, 6 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 4 – North Point High School, 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 4 – Maurice J. McDonough High School, 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 9 – Henry E. Lackey High School, 6 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 11 – Thomas Stone High School, 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 11 – Westlake High School, 6:30 p.m.
At each financial aid session, staff will be available to help students and parents register for their federal student aid (FSA) identification number. This number is required for any student to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Specific questions about each school’s financial aid night can be directed to the school college and career advisor.