By Nairem Moran ·email@example.com
Richmond, Va. –JuniorPeter Orban(Montgomery Village, Md./Watkins Mill) set a school record in the 100 backstroke as the St. Mary’s College of Maryland men’s swim team finished sixth at the Yellow Jacket Invitational hosted by Randolph-Macon College on Saturday. St. Mary’s tallied 637 points to finish ahead of Bridgewater (Va.) College (276 pts.).
St. Mary’s 6th/7 – 637 points
How It Happened
- Orbanpaced the Seahawks with a third-place finish in the 100 backstroke with a time of 52.88, breaking the old mark of 53.00 posted byJimmy Forestin 2014.
- Senior captainColin Cassady(Phoenix, Md./Calvert Hall) claimed a fourth-place finish in the 100 freestyle, touching the wall in 47.87.
- SophomoreNate Donoghue(Lanham, Md./Eleanor Roosevelt) came in fifth place in the 100 butterfly in 53.39 whileOrbanalso notched a fifth-place finish in the 200 backstroke in 1:59.51.
- Cassadytallied a sixth-place finish in the 200 freestyle in 1:46.26.
- The foursome ofCassady,Donoghue,Orbanand first-yearLucas Wheal(Austin, Texas/Westlake) clocked a 7:24.65 to take sixth in the 800 freestyle relay and then ended the meet with another sixth-place finish in the 400 freestyle relay in 3:16.96.
- Orban, juniorAndrew March(Westminster, Md./Westminster),Donoghue, and seniorReed Rhoads(Westminster, Md./Winters Mill) came together for a seventh-place finish in the 200 medley relay in 1:40.34.
- Marchcollected a pair of ninth-place finishes in the 100 breaststroke (1:03.69) as well as the 200 breaststroke (2:20.17).
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Jan. 19 vs. Mary Washington (5-1, 2-0 CAC) – Aquatics Center at MPOBARC – 1:00 p.m.