News Release, Maryland Department of Natural Resources
BLUE CRAB –Clarifications
08.02.03.03, .06, and .11
The purpose of this action is to make clarifications in regulatory text for blue crabs so that everyone understands what is intended by the regulations. Clarifying the text does not change the department’s interpretation or enforcement of these regulations.
- Regulation .03clarifies terminology in the trotline regulation. The term float is changed to buoy to clarify the language and to be consistent with other blue crab regulations that require marking of buoys.
- Regulation .06makes it clear that §B(2) only applies to recreational crabbing in the coastal bays of the Atlantic Ocean and their tributaries.
- Regulation .11clarifies that handlines, dip nets, and properly registered crab pots may be used at all times during the season.
- View the Proposal
- A public hearing will be held on January 29, 2019, at 2 p.m., at the Tawes State Office Building, 580 Taylor Avenue, C-1 Conference Room, Annapolis, MD 21401. Interested persons are invited to attend and express their views. Anyone needing special accommodations under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, or under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, should contact the Department of Natural Resources Office of Fair Practices at 410-260-8058 or at firstname.lastname@example.org, at least 3 working days (72 hours) prior to the scheduled public hearing.
- Submit comments? to email@example.com no later than 11:59 pm February 19, 2019.