By: David M. Higgins II

Lexington Park, MD- Early morning Wednesday, January 23, 2019 the Bay District Volunteer Fire Department responded to a one-story single family dwelling fire on Forest Run Drive in Lexington Park, MD. Twenty-fire personnel responded and had the blaze under control in fifteen minutes.

The Office of the State Fire Marshal was called in to investigate. The preliminary cause of the fire was determined to ba an extension cord placed under a floor covering that was supplying electric to multiple items on an enclosed front porch.

Image courtesy of The Office of the State Fire Marshal

The report list the loss at $50,000.00(structure), and $25,000.00(contents).

The family has been displaced and is being assisted by family and friends. The report also states that a family pet, a bird, also perished in the fire.

David M. Higgins II, Publisher/Editor

David M. Higgins was born in Baltimore and grew up in Southern Maryland. He has had a passion for journalism since high school. After spending many years in the Hospitality Industry he began working in...