Waldorf, MD- At 3:52 p.m. on Wednesday, January 23, 2019 the Waldorf Volunteer Fire Department was alerted to a one-story single family home fire on Vera Davis Lane.

Twenty-five personnel arrived and had the fire under control in fifteen minutes. The Office of the State Fire Marshal was called in to investigate.

The preliminary fire marshal report lists the area of origin as the furnace. Upon further investigation the Fire Marshal determine the furnace had malfunctioned and caused the fire, thus ruling it accidental.

Image courtesy of the Office of the State Fire Marshal

The loss is listed as $10,000.00(structure), and there were no reported injuries.

David M. Higgins II, Publisher/Editor

David M. Higgins was born in Baltimore and grew up in Southern Maryland. He has had a passion for journalism since high school. After spending many years in the Hospitality Industry he began working in...