Support Local Journalism
Thank you for all of your comments, ideas, photos and support!
News Release, Calvert County Government
PRINCE FREDERICK, Md. – Feb. 15, 2019– The Calvert County Department of Public Safety, Division of Emergency Management, announces the launch of the improved Prepare Me Calvert mobile app. It puts critical, real-time information at users’ fingertips in the unlikely event of a regional emergency and helps residents stay prepared.
Some of the new app features include:
- A new “Submit a Tip” button for anonymous reporting to the Calvert County Sheriff’s Office
- An emergency management blog with training information, preparedness tips and more
- A damage report that allows users to send storm-related damage information to emergency management staff for situational awareness
- A calendar of training and public outreach events
- An “I Need Help/I’m Okay” button to allow users to send messages to loved ones – when phone systems are clogged in an emergency – letting them know their status during an emergency
- A shareable emergency plan
- Improved alerting
Citizens are encouraged to download “Prepare Me Calvert” now for iOS (Apple) and Android devices.
“Our primary mission is to minimize the effects of future disasters through prevention, mitigation, planning, training and response efforts,” said Calvert County Emergency Management Division Chief Al Jeffery. “We feel the Prepare Me Calvert app it is a great tool for our citizens to better prepare themselves and to stay informed.”
For more information about the Department of Public Safety Division of Emergency Management, call 410-535-1600, ext. 2638; send an email to email@example.com, or visit online at www.CalvertCountyMd.gov/EmergencyManagement.