News Release, St. Mary’s College of Maryland
ST. MARY’S CITY, Md. – St. Mary’s College of Maryland men’s basketball soared past the visiting Penn State Harrisburg Lions by as score of 76-69 on Wednesday (Feb. 13) night in their final home contest of the season.
How It Happened
- The Seahawks and Lions competed in a tight battle throughout the first half. St. Mary’s held a slim 30-29 lead with 2:23 left in the half and were able to outscore the Lions 10-5 to close out the opening period. ASpencer Schultzdunk and a last second layup fromReggie Rousehighlighted the final two minutes of the half.
- Penn State Harrisburg closed the gap to 60-57 with 6:50 remaining in regulation and looked to complete the comeback. However, aZach Spoonertriple sparked a seven point run to extend the Seahawk lead to 10.Darick KernsandRousefollowedSpooner‘s three to complete the run.
- The Lions cut the lead to six with 1:05 remaining in regulation, but the Seahawks sunk their free throws for the victory.
Inside the Box Score
- Spoonertallied a season-best 18 points on the night shooting five-of-nine from the field.Spooneralso collected four rebounds, two assists, two steals and two blocks.
- Justin Milsteadfollowed Spooner with a 17 points on the evening. Additionally,Milsteadgathered five rebounds and dished out three assists.
- Rousecontributed in multiple facets of the game, knocking down 14 points, collecting a team-best seven rebounds, dishing out three assists, and leading the team in steals with four.
- Khalil WilliamsandChris Bingled the Lions with 17 points each.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Feb. 16 at Southern Virginia (4-20, 0-13 CAC) – Knight Sports Arena – Capital Athletic Conference game – 3:00 p.m.