News Release, Maryland State Police-Leonardtown Barracks
On Monday, February 25, 2019 at 3:12 pm, TFC Manning responded to the area of southbound Route 235 at Exploration Drive for a reported motor vehicle collision. Upon arrival, TFC Manning located a black Cadillac Escalade and a white Ford F-250.
The driver of the Cadillac, Sarah Akin Pearce, 46, of Lexington Park was contacted and found to be under the influence of alcohol. She was subsequently placed under arrest for DUI/DWI and transported to the Maryland State Police Leonardtown Barrack for processing.
Once processed, she was taken to the St. Mary’s County Detention and Rehabilitation Center.
Pearce was charged with:
- Negligent driving
- Reckless driving
- Failure to control speed to avoid a collision
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol
- Driving under the influence of alcohol per se
- Driving while impaired by alcohol
- driver failure to obey traffic control device
One of the occupants in the Ford F-250 was injured and transported to MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital. (19-MSP-008334)