News Release, Charles County Public Schools
The Board of Education’s next monthly meeting is Tuesday, March 12 at the Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building on Radio Station Road in La Plata. The public portion of the meeting begins at 1 p.m. and student and staff recognition starts at 4:30 p.m. The meeting is televised live on Comcast Channel 96 and Verizon FiOS Channel 12 and is rebroadcast throughout the week.
Board meetings are streamed live on the school system website at www.ccboe.com. Select the live stream image displayed in the center of the home page. The following is a tentative meeting agenda and is subject to change.
Executive session – 12 p.m.
Call to order – 1 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance, La Plata High School
Recognition of students for state accomplishments
Reports of officers/boards/committees
- Correspondence/Board Member updates
- Education Association of Charles County update
- American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees update
- Student Board Member update
- School discipline
- School initiatives
- Grading policy #5132.2
- Project status update
- Stop-arm camera: Charles County Sheriff’s Office
- Legislative update
New business and future agenda items
- New business – SY 2019-20 school calendar change due to primary election
- Future agenda items
Recognition – 4:30 p.m.
- Resolutions: Month of the Young Child and National Student Leadership Week
Public Forum – 6 p.m.