Support Local Journalism

$
$
$

Your contribution is appreciated.

Thank you for all of your comments, ideas, photos and support!

By: David Higgins II

Indian Head, MD- On March 17, 2019 at 5:15 p.m. the 9-1-1 Emergency Services dispatch was alerted to a fire on Jameson Court in Indian Head, MD.

The Indian Head Volunteer Fire Department arrived to find a mattress on fire in a bedroom of townhome.

The Office of the State Fire Marshal determined that a 4 year old had ignited the mattress while playing with a lighter. The family had been alerted to the fire from a smoke detector. The loss is placed at $500.00.

No injuries or arrests were reported by the Fire Marshal.

David M. Higgins II, Publisher/Editor

David M. Higgins was born in Baltimore and grew up in Southern Maryland. He has had a passion for journalism since high school. After spending many years in the Hospitality Industry he began working in...