By: David M. Higgins II

Indian Head, MD- The Charles County Health Department has shut down George’s BBQ in Indian Head, MD after a video surfaced on Facebook and went viral. In the video, which has nothing to do with the kitchen cleanliness, you can see layers of grease on cooking and food preparation surfaces, along with condiments on floors.

The video was posted by Anthony Byrd after he became irate of long wait times, and food that was advertised and no longer available.

When Byrd asked to speak with the kitchen manager privately, they spoke near the kitchen. Byrd began to record the conversation with his phone. Byrd admitted that he was even paying attention to the filth, and didn’t realize it until he rewatched the video later.

The video was uploaded to Facebook and caught the attention of the Charles County Health Department. In a quote to another news station, Byrd says he has been contacted by someone affiliated with the woman in the video and was told it was messed up that he did this to her. Byrd’s response,” I’m sorry, but that don’t have nothing to do with the filth that’s in there.”

The Charles County Health Department has since closed the restaurant down.

David M. Higgins II is an award-winning journalist passionate about uncovering the truth and telling compelling stories. Born in Baltimore and raised in Southern Maryland, he has lived in several East...