News Release, Town of La Plata
The Town of La Plata, MD joins with Service Line Warranties of America to offer customers service line protection We are pleased to announce a new program to further enhance the Town of La Plata, MD’s customer service culture. We have entered into a new agreement with Service Line Warranties of America (SLWA), a leading provider of home repair solutions, to provide optional repair service plans to our residential customers.
The service plans offered to Town of La Plata, MD homeowners through SLWA are affordable solutions to protect them from the cost and inconvenience of home repair emergencies, including water service line leaks on their property/and in-home water line issues. As you may know, many of our customers become frustrated when they discover a broken water pipe and then learn that the repair is their responsibility. Homeowners are often unaware these types of repairs are not covered by basic homeowners insurance policies or by us. The Town of La Plata, MD recognized that one way we could address this problem is to offer an optional service program that would protect our homeowners from the cost and inconvenience of this type of repair.
The Town of La Plata, MD and SLWA have worked together to tailor the program to meet the needs of our customers. The marketing, customer service, and repairs using local, licensed, and approved contractors will be managed entirely by SLWA. What you need to know
- March, 2019, Town of La Plata, MD residents will receive an introductory mailing to inform them about optional exterior/interior water service line repair plans available through SLWA. Because we have a partnership with SLWA, the Town of La Plata, MD logo will appear on the mailings, which will clearly state that the program is optional and is administered by SLWA, not the Town of La Plata, MD.
- The Exterior/Interior Water Service Line Coverage is available for $5.75 per month. SLWA will also offer Sewer/Septic Line Coverage for $7.75 per month, and Interior Plumbing and Draining coverage for $9.99 per month.
- SLWA plan holders have access to a repair hotline that is accessible 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and repairs are performed by local, licensed, and insured contractors.
- Town of La Planta, MDhomeowners can learn more about these optional plans and SLWA by visiting www.slwofa.com or calling toll-free 1-866-922-9006.
- Founded in 2003, SLWA, together with its parent company, HomeServe USA, has partnered with over 500 leading cities, municipalities, and utilities to provide repair service plans that offer peace of mind and convenience. SLWA maintains an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and is recognized as a trusted source of utility line service plans and is endorsed by the National League of Cities (NLC).