News Release, Maryland Lottery
Lucky tickets sold in Cecil, Frederick, Montgomery, Prince George’s counties
MarylandPowerballplayers have 122,051 reasons to celebrate! That’s how many winning tickets were sold in the Wednesday, March 27 drawing, which saw the $768.4 million jackpot hit in Wisconsin. There were five $50,000-winning tickets sold in Maryland, along with thousands of lower-tier winners of $4 to $100.
This jackpot, which is the first one hit in 2019, was the third-largest in U.S. lottery history and the second-largest inPowerballhistory. The winning numbers in the March 27 drawing were white balls 16, 20, 37, 44, 62, plusPowerball12, and a 3XPower Playmultiplier.
The Maryland Lottery is looking for the lucky players who bought winning tickets for the March 27 drawing worth $50,000 at these retailers:
- – Eagles Nest, 2754 Augustine Herman Highway, Chesapeake City (Cecil County)
- – EmmitsburgJubilee Foods, 515 East Main Street, Emmitsburg (Frederick County)
- – Mailboxes & More, 11140 Rockville Pike Suite 100, Rockville (Montgomery County)
- – 7-Eleven #11575, 18120 Georgia Avenue, Olney (Montgomery County)
- – 7-Eleven #27014, 22 Watkins Park Drive, Upper Marlboro (Prince George’s County)
Lottery officials encourage winners to sign the backs of their tickets immediately and put them in a safe location. Winners have 182 days to claim their prize in person at Lottery headquarters, located at 1800 Washington Blvd. in Baltimore.
ThePowerballjackpot roll, which started in late December, produced two second-tier $1 million winners in Maryland on tickets sold in Newburg (Charles County) and Hagerstown (Washington County). Both of those prizes have been claimed. The roll also produced 24 third-tier winners of $50,000. Ten of those $50,000 wins came in the past week, starting with the drawing on Wednesday, March 20. The Lottery is still waiting to meet and greet the following $50,000-Powerballwinners:
- – February 23 drawing:Giant Food, 1020 W. 41stStreet (Baltimore City)
- – March 13 drawing:Hawthorne Country Club, 8760 Hawthorne Road, LaPlata (Charles County)
- – March 20 drawing:Beverage Barn, 3000 Emmorton Road in Abingdon (Harford County)
- – March 20 drawing:Food Rite, 308 East Market Street, Snow Hill (Worcester County)
- – March 23 drawing: New Carrollton Liquors, 8433 Annapolis Road, Hyattsville (Prine George’s County)
All told, there were 703,895 winningPowerballtickets sold in Maryland during the Dec. 29-March 27 jackpot roll.
The $768.4 millionPowerballjackpot follows the world record $1.586 billionPowerballjackpot of January 2016 and the $1.537 billionMega Millionsjackpot won in October 2018. The cash option for the March 27 jackpot was $477 million.
The jackpot for the Saturday, March 30 drawing resets to $40 million with a cash option of $24.8 million.
Watch televisedPowerballdrawings at 11:22 p.m. Wednesdays and Saturdays on WBAL-TV. Winning numbers are available atmdlottery.comand on your smartphone by downloading the freeMD Lottery app.Powerballis offered in 44 states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Tickets cost $2 each.
Odds of winning the jackpot are approximately 1 in 292 million. Overall odds of winning any prize are about 1 in 25.