By Doug Watson
Budds Creek, MD- Walker Arthur drove a masterful race to score his first-career Limited Late Model feature win last Friday at Potomac Speedway. The win for Arthur, aboard his Rocket no.87, would be the second of his Potomac career as his first came in a RUSH Crate Late Model tour event back in 2015.
Jonny Oliver shot from the pole to lead the first lap, but it would be short lived, as 4th starting Walker Arthur took control on lap-two and would lead the distance. Oliver kept Arthur in his sights by was no match as the race wore on, however it would be a career best run for Oliver at the finish.
“This track was awesome tonight.” Arthur stated in victory lane. “We’ve raced here a lot over the years but only the second time we’ve won and it’s a great feeling because we sure do like coming here.” Bruce Kane, Billy Tucker and Brandon Long would complete the top-five. Heats went to Arthur and Tyler Emory.
Former track champion Logan Roberson wired the field to score his first win of the season in the companion 20-lap RUSH Crate Late Model feature. Roberson burst from the pole to lead all 20-circuits aboard his Rocket no.17R to score his division leading 17th career win over Ohio invader Eric Wilson. “We’ve struggled a bit early this season and it’s great to get a win close to home.” Said Roberson. “Again, I couldn’t do this without all our sponsors and especially my mom and dad, they make all this possible.” Darren Alvey, defending track champion Chuck Bowie and Austin Bussler rounded out the top-five. Heats went to Alvey and Megan Mann, who’s win was her first career with the RUSH Crates.
In support class action, defending track champion Ed Pope Jr. recovered from a no-start in the season opener to post his first win of the season and career 15th in the 16-lap Street Stock feature, Billy Crouse came out on top in another wild finish in the 15-lap Hobby Stock main, defending champion John Hardesty rolled to his 19th career win in the season opening 15-lap Strictly Stock feature and 15 year old Cody Stamp drove the race of his young career to score his first-ever Potomac feature win in the 15-lap U-Car contest.
Limited Late Model feature finish
1. Walker Arthur 2. Jonny Oliver 3. Bruce Kane 4. Billy Tucker 5. Brandon Long 6. Tyler Emory 7. Sam Archer 8. Richard Culver 9. Todd Plummer 10. Matt Tarbox 11. Kerry King 12. Derick Quade
RUSH Crate Late Model feature finish
1. Logan Roberson 2. Eric Wilson 3. Darren Alvey 4. Chuck Bowie 5. Austin Bussler 6. Ben Bowie 7. Megan Mann 8. Mike Raleigh 9. Jonathan Raley 10.Jeremy Pilkerton 11. Tracey Graves 12. Bill Coada 13. Matt Quade 14. Harry Shipe III
Hobby Stock feature finish
1. Billy Crouse 2. Mikey Latham 3. Greg Morgan 4. Colin Long 5. Jonathan Knott 6. Ray Bucci 7. Hilton Pickeral 8. Chris Cooke 9.Kyle Nelson 10.Buddy Dunagan 11.Stevie Gingery
Street Stock feature finish
1. Ed Pope Jr. 2. Deuce Wright 3. Matt Randall 4. Marty Hanbury 5. John Ballou
Strictly Stock feature finish
1. John Hardesty 2. Johnny Hardesty 3. Greg Mattingly 4. Jeff Bloch 5. Ed Pope Sr. 6. JJ Silvious 7. Jimmy Suite 8. Danny Kitts 9.Daniel Knodle 10. Nabil Guffey 11. Drew Payne
U-Car feature finish
1. Cody Stamp 2. Stephen Suite 3. Larry Lamb 4. Justin Knight 5. Tim Steele 6. Ryan Quade 7. Joey Suite 8. Mackenzie Smith 9. Owen Lacey 10.Brad Sayler 11. Dominic King 12. Ben Pirner