News Release, St. Mary’s College of Maryland
YORK, Pa – St. Mary’s College of Maryland baseball (5-17-1, 0-12 CAC) fell in game three 13-4 on Sunday (Apr. 7) afternoon and was swept by the York College Spartans (16-5, 9-2 CAC) in Capital Athletic Conference action.
How It Happened
- The first six innings of play were dominated by the Spartans as York pulled out to a 13-0 lead. The Seahawks started to swing the bats in final three innings of action, tacking on four runs to end the game. Bowen Plagge recorded the Seahawks first run with a solo home run in the seventh inning. The home run was Plagge’s sixth of the season, which leads the team.
- St. Mary’s College added their final three runs in the ninth inning. Joey Bryner crossed the plate on wild pitch, before Sam James reached based on an error that scored Plagge. Next, Connor Coursey roped a RBI single to center field.
Inside the Box Score
- Plagge led the Seahawks from the plate with one hit, two runs, one RBI, and one walk.
- Dan McCann started the game on the mound and was charged with the loss. McCann threw three innings, allowing six earned runs and striking out three batters. Griffin Honse, Sam Roeder, and Nick Testoni pitched in relief. Testoni threw two scoreless innings and allowed just one hit.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Apr. 11 at Wesley – 3:30 p.m. | Bob Reed Field