News Release, St. Mary’s College of Maryland
FROSTBURG, Md. – St. Mary’s College of Maryland women’s lacrosse (9-7, 3-2 CAC) cruised past the Frostburg State University Bobcats on Saturday (Apr. 20) afternoon in Capital Athletic Conference action. The Seahawks defeated the Bobcats 18-8 to secure a home game in the First Round of the CAC Tournament next Saturday (Apr. 27).
How It Happened
- The Seahawks took a commanding lead to start the game, netting five consecutive goals for a 5-0 lead at the 18:41 mark of the first half.Sydni Thackerrecorded three goals during the run andKate Bartholomewtallied two. Leading 7-3 with a little over 10 minutes remaining in the opening half, St. Mary’s College strung together another five goal run for a 12-3 lead at halftime.Ali Collie,Bartholomew(2), andCaitlin Katchmar(2) all buried shots into the back of the cage to end the half.
- In the second half of action, the Seahawks outscored the Bobcats 6-5 to secure the victory.Thacker(2),Nicole Kuderski,Lucy Gussio, andShannon Kirk(2) beat the opposing goalkeeper for scores.
Inside the Box Score
- Katchmarled the Seahawks with eight points off of two goals and six assists.Gussio(3g, 2a) andThacker(5g) followed with five points each.Bartholomew(4g) andCollie(1g, 3a) also made an impact with four points each.
- On the defensive end,Mary Kate Fitz-Patrick,Jodi Credit,Francesca Ziccardi,Camila Ranta,Kuderski, andAnnalise Wrobelcaused one turnover each. In goal,Emma BrownandAimee Uibelrecorded five saves and four ground balls each.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Apr. 24 at No. 6 Salisbury – 4:00 p.m. | Capital Athletic Conference contest | Sea Gull Stadium