News Release, St. Mary’s College of Maryland
ST. MARY’S CITY, Md. – St. Mary’s College of Maryland women’s lacrosse member Caitlin Katchmar has been selected as the April Student-Athlete of the Month, the department announced today.
The Department of Athletics & Recreation executive team selects the Student-Athlete of the Month awardee each month.
The senior from Phoenix, Maryland led the Seahawks with 26 points in the month of April, netting 19 goals and dishing out seven assists.Katchmaralso recorded seven draw controls and three ground balls. Additionally,Katchmarwas named the Capital Athletic Conference Player of the Week during the week of Apr. 15-21.
Katchmarfinished her 2019 campaign with a team-best 75 points and 26 assists. Her mark in goalS (49) was good for second on the team. In her four-year career as a Seahawk,Katchmartallied 135 points, 101 goals, and 34 assists.
2018-19 Student-Athletes of the Month
- September –Khalid Balogun, Men’s Soccer
- October –Kara Taylor, Women’s Cross Country
- November –Brenna Litynski, Women’s Swimming
- December –Spencer Schultz, Men’s Basketball
- January –Gina Seifert, Women’s Basketball
- February –Brenna Litynski, Women’s Swimming
- March –Kate Bartholomew, Women’s Lacrosse
- April –Caitlin Katchmar– Women’s Lacrosse