Support Local Journalism
Thank you for all of your comments, ideas, photos and support!
News Release, Charles County Public Schools
Lunch on Us is a free summer lunch program for children ages 18 and younger who live in Charles County. Lunches are served Monday through Friday at various times and locations from June 24 to Aug. 16. Lunches must be eaten on site, and no lunches are served Thursday, July 4. Visithttps://www.ccboe.com/ss/summer-meals/ for more information.
Hot lunches will be served at the following locations:
- Henry E. Lackey High School, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Indian Head Elementary School, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (this site is closed July 1-12 for building maintenance)
- J.P. Ryon Elementary School, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Mt. Hope/Nanjemoy Elementary School, 12 to 1 p.m.
- Westlake High School, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Cold bag lunches will be served at the following mobile sites:
- P.D. Brown Memorial Branch Library, 50 Village Street in Waldorf, 11 to 11:30 a.m.
- Idlewood Trailer Park in Waldorf, 12:15 to 12:45 p.m.
- Ell Lane Apartments management office, 12151 Ell Lane in Waldorf, 1 to 1:30 p.m.
- Milton M. Somers Middle School, 11:30 to 11:50 a.m.
- Phoenix Run, 651 Piscataway Run in La Plata, 12 to 12:30 p.m.
- Oak Manor Drive in Waldorf, 12:45 to 1:15 p.m.
- Metropolitan United Methodist Church, 3385 Metropolitan Church Road in Indian Head, 11:30 to 11:50 a.m.
- Charles Landing Apartments in Indian Head, Jameson Court playground area, 12 to 12:30 p.m.
- Woodland Village Park in Indian Head, Thompson Lane, 12:45 to 1:15 p.m.
The program is sponsored by Charles County Public Schools (CCPS) in partnership with the Charles County Advocacy Council for Children, Youth & Families, Lifestyles Inc., Charles County Department of Social Services, No Kid Hungry, Charles County Department of Recreation, Parks and Tourism, Charles County Public Library, Children’s Aid Society, Tri-County Youth Services Bureau, Health Partners, The Arnold House and other local agencies.