News Release, Charles County Public Schools
The Board of Education’s next monthly meeting is Tuesday, May 14 at the Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building on Radio Station Road in La Plata. The public portion of the meeting begins at 1 p.m. and student and staff recognition starts at 4:15 p.m. The meeting is televised live on Comcast Channel 96 and Verizon FiOS Channel 12 and is rebroadcast throughout the week.
Board meetings are streamed live on the school system website at www.ccboe.com. The following is a tentative meeting agenda and is subject to change.
Executive session – 11 a.m.
Call to order – 1 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance, Maurice J. McDonough High School
Recognition – student state award winners, 2018-19 student liaisons
Reports of officers/boards/committees
- Correspondence/Board Member updates
- Education Association of Charles County update
- American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees update
- Student Board Member update
- Discipline Review Committee suggestions: cell phone policy and dress code
- 2020-21 school calendar
- Early childhood programs
- New textbooks for career and technology education (CTE) programs
- Project status update
- Educational Facilities Master Plan
- Pilot compost program at Piccowaxen Middle School and Dr. Thomas L. Higdon Elementary School
New business and future agenda items
Recognition – 4:15 p.m.
- Ruth Ann Hall Scholarship Awards
- Resolution: Washington Post Principal of the Year: Kathy Perriello, Henry E. Lackey High School
Public Forum – 6 p.m.
- FY 2019 Intercategory budget transfer request
Public Hearing – 6:30 p.m.
- Fresh Start Academy