By Doug Watson
Budds Creek, MD- Jonny Oliver drove a flawless race to take top honors in last Friday nights 20-lap Limited Late Model headliner at Potomac Speedway. The win for Oliver would be his first ever with the Limited cars but his fourth different class he’s won in as he’s taken track wins in the Strictly Stocks, Hobby Stocks and the Street Stocks.
Oliver, the current class point leader, darted from the pole and would dominate all 20-circuits aboard his Rocket no.67 in an event that went straight through green to checker. “I can’t believe we’re finally here.” A jubilant Oliver stated in victory lane. “We wrecked this car pretty bad last week at Hagerstown and it was literally in baskets when we brought in home.” Oliver stated. “I have to thank my family and all the sponsors who helped get this car back together, this win is for them.”
Derick Quade, Brandon Long, Sam Archer and Todd Plummer rounded out the top-five.
Former two-time track champion Ben Bowie collected his first win of the season in the companion 20-lap RUSH Crate Late Model feature. Bowie shot from the pole to the lead but had his hands full with Darren Alvey. Dale Hollidge then slid into the runner-up spot on the 17th lap and gave Bowie a run for his money, but Bowie would prevail for his 7th career Crate feature win behind the wheel of his Rocket no.17. “There are a lot of good cars in this class and it’s a real accomplishment when you can win one.”
Alvey hung tough for third, Jeremy Pilkerton scored a career best in 4th with defending track champion Chuck Bowie completing the top-five.
In support class action, defending track champion Mikey Latham took his first win of the season and 8th of his career in the 15-lap Hobby Stock feature becoming the fourth different driver to win in the class this season. Ed Pope Jr., the defending Street Stock champ, rolled to his 2nd of the season and career 16th in the 15-lap street stock main, Nabil Guffey scored his first of 2019 in the 15-lap Strictly Stock event with Justin Knight scoring his first-ever Potomac feature win in the 15-lap U-Car contest.
Limited Late Model feature finish
1. Jonny Oliver 2. Derick Quade 3. Brandon Long 4. Sam Archer 5. Todd Plummer 6. Billy Tucker 7. Matt Tarbox 8. Tyler Emory
RUSH Crate Late Model feature finish
1. Ben Bowie 2. Dale Hollidge 3. Darren Alvey 4. Jeremy Pilkerton 5. Chuck Bowie 6. Timmy Booth 7. Jonathan Raley 8. Megan Mann 9. Mike Raleigh
Street Stock feature finish
1. Ed Pope Jr. 2. Deuce Wright 3. Paul Jones 4. Marty Hanbury
Hobby Stock feature finish
1. Mikey Latham 2. Greg Morgan 3. Stevie Gingery 4. Kyle Nelson 5. Colin Long 6. Billy Crouse 7. Jonathan Knott 8. Buddy Dunagan 9. Chris Cooke 10. Hilton Pickeral
Strictly Stock feature finish
1. Nabil Guffey 2. Jeff Bloch 3. JJ Silvious 4. Jimmy Suite 5. John Hardesty 6. Ed Pope Sr. 7. Danny Kitts 8. Daniel Knodle 9. Johnny Hardesty 10. Greg Mattingly 11. Josh Martinson
U-Car feature finish
1. Justin Knight 2. Tim Steele 3. Cody Stamp 4. Dominic King 5. Joey Suite 6. Mackenzie Smith 7. Ben Pirner 8. Owen Lacey 9. Logan Adelman 10. Ryan Quade 11. Savannah Windsor 12. Stephen Suite 12. Allen Griffith (DNS) 14. Brad Sayler (DQ)