Support Local Journalism
Thank you for all of your comments, ideas, photos and support!
Put Taste on the Table
(Family Features) When busy weeknights leave little opportunity for extravagant meals, bring the family together with a simpler recipe that provides just as much tasty flavor, such as these Turkey Potato Dinner Wraps. Requiring just 15 minutes of prep and 15 minutes of cook time, a half-hour is all you need to create an enjoyable meal for all.
Find more quick dinner recipes at eatwisconsinpotatoes.com.
Watch video to see how to make this delicious recipe!
Turkey-Potato Dinner Wrap
- 3/4 pound Russet potatoes* cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 3/4 pound ground lean turkey
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions with tops
- 1 can Tomato sauce 8 ounce can
- 2/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp dried Italian herb seasoning or basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large whole wheat or high fiber tortillas
- 1 light sour cream
- Place potatoes in microwave-safe bowl; sprinkle with water. Cover, venting one corner. Microwave on HIGH 5 to 8 minutes just until potatoes are tender. (Time will depend on wattage of your oven.)
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add and break up turkey; cook 5 minutes, tossing occasionally. Mix in carrot; cook 2 minutes. Add potatoes and onions; cook and toss 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; mix in tomato sauce, cheese, and herbs.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes until mixture is hot and most of sauce is absorbed. Season with salt and pepper. On work surface, lay out tortillas. Place 3/4 cup hot turkey mixture on each; fold and roll up as for burritos.
- Cut in halves and place on serving plates. Accompany with sour cream, if desired.