News Release, Maryland State Police-Leonardtown Barracks; All persons charged with a crime are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
On 5/22/2019, Tpr T. Howard conducted a traffic stop in the area of Columbus Drive, Lexington Park. Upon making contact with the driver, identified as Frederic Drew Brooks (21 of Lexington Park, MD), a strong odor of marijuana was detected. A probable cause search was conducted revealing 56.5 grams of suspected Marijuana. Brooks was arrested and transported to the Leonardtown Barrack for processing where he was charged on a criminal citation for Possession of CDS: Marijuana greater than 10 grams. (19-MSP-021481)
On 5/24/2019 at approximately 7:00 a.m., First Sergeant M. Laney was traveling westbound on Great Mills Road when he initiated a traffic stop. The driver, identified as Kyle Ryan Summers, 31 of Great Mills, MD pulled a glass vile from the console and advised F/Sgt. Laney it was “CBD”. TFC J. Rutkoski responded to the location and assumed the investigation. Summers advised there was syringes and Heroin inside the vehicle. A probable cause search revealed five (5) used syringes, a metal spoon with suspected Heroin residue and one (1) capsule of suspected Heroin. Summers was arrested and transported to the St. Mary’s County Detention Center where he was charged with CDS: Possession-Not Marijuana, CDS: Possession Paraphernalia, Driving on Suspended License, Driving without Required License, and Negligent Driving. (19-MSP-021074)
On 5/24/2019 at approximately 8:00 p.m., Tpr R. Kaszubski conducted a traffic stop on St. John’s Road, Hollywood, MD. Upon contact with the occupants, a strong odor of marijuana was emitting from the vehicle. A probable cause search was conducted and a prescription bottle with the label removed containing 31 suspected Oxycodone pills was located. The 17 year old driver, was charged with traffic offenses and released to a parent along with an additional juvenile passenger. The front passenger, identified as Rebekah Grace Whetlor (22 of Leonardtown) was charged with CDS: Possession-Not Marijuana and Prescription: Omit/Remove/Alter/Obliterate Label. She was transported to the St. Mary’s County Detention Center. (19-MSP-021874)
On 5/26/2019 at 0406 hours, Tpr. Kaszubski observed a vehicle off the roadway, stuck in mud on Point Lookout Road, Lexington Park. She made contact with the driver, identified as Lisa Marie Hall (36 of Leonardtown) and the passenger, Amanda Renea Wedding (33 of Lexington Park). During the investigation, Hall gave consent to search her vehicle, which revealed; 39 capsules of suspected heroin, 7 vials of an unknown liquid, a digital scale with heroin residue and drug paraphernalia. Additional drug paraphernalia was located in Ms. Hall’s pants pocket. Wedding was charged with Possession with Intent to Distribute & Hall was charged with Possession of CDS-Not Marijuana. (19-MSP022083)
On 5/26/2019 at approximately 1:00 p.m., M/Tpr Preston conducted a traffic stop in the area of N. Shangri-La Drive, Lexington Park, MD. Upon contact with the driver, Toussainte Oazwan Geter, 36 of District Heights, MD, a strong odor of marijuana was detected. A probable cause search revealed five (5) suspected marijuana blunts, a digital scale with suspected marijuana residue and a prescription bottle with no label containing; three (3) white pills identified as suspected Carisoprodol. Geter refused to comply and began to resist the arrest. Geter was eventually placed under arrest and transported to the St. Mary’s County Detention Center. Geter was charged with CDS: Possession-Not Marijuana, Prescription: Omit/Remove/Alter/Obliterate label, CDS: Civil Possession Marijuana, Disorderly Conduct, Resisting Arrest, and Hindering a Police Officer. (19-MSP-022126)
The following people were arrested for Driving under the Influence:
- On 5/24/2019, Gregory Philip Olson, 58 of California, MD was arrested by Tfc C. DiToto
- On 5/25/2019, James Ernest Johnson Jr., 51 of St. Leonard, MD was arrested by Tfc C. DiToto
- On 5/25/2019, Ronald Eugene Clarke, 56 of California, MD was arrested by Tfc J. Powis
- On 5/26/2019, Darrell Bernard Reeves, 23 of Waldorf, MD was arrested by Tfc M. Johnson
- On 5/27/2019, Zane Austin Raymond, 19 of Lexington Park, MD was arrested by Tfc C. DiToto
The following people were arrested for Open Warrants:
- On 5/20/2019, Lisa Marie Thompson, 29 of Hollywood, MD was arrested by Tpr T. Howard for Violation of Probation-Driving without a required license (4 counts)
- On 5/23/2019, Tomeka Rocha Washington, 35 of California, MD was arrested by Tfc M. Johnson for Driving without a Required License and Driving while Suspended.
- On 5/25/2019, Joseph Thompson Kilroy, 51 of Mechanicsville, MD was arrested by Tpr R. Kaszubski for FTA-Driving without a required license.
- On 5/25/2019, William Lamont Barnes, 36 of Great Mills, MD was arrested by Tfc B. DiToto for FTA-Driving on Suspended License
- On 5/27/2019, Philip Francis Zalesak, Jr., 38 of Tall Timbers, MD was arrested by Tfc J. Mulhearn for Malicious Destruction of Property, Malicious Burning, Disorderly Conduct and Resisting/Interfere with Arrest
- On 5/28/2019, Monroe Maurice Gantt, Jr., 52 of Huntingtown, MD was arrested by Tfc M. Manning for FTA-Driving on Suspended License