Lear Scores Career First in RUSH Crates
By Doug Watson, Potomac Speedway
Budds Creek, MD- Sam Archer drove to his second win of the season in last Friday nights 20-lap Limited Late headliner at Potomac Speedway. The win for Archer, steering his family owned MasterSbilt no.36, would be his overall 19th career feature win at Potomac.
Archer darted from the pole to the lead and would eventually pace all 20-circuits, but would have to hold off current point leader and 8th starting Derick Quade to score the win. “This car was on a rail tonight.” Archer stated post race. “We don’t have any sponsors and I have to thank my dad and fiance for the win they work hard the car and it’s great to get another win.” Tyler Emory, Brandon Long and Dale Murphy would round out the top-five.
Kyle Lear drove to his first win of the season in the 20-lap RUSH Crate Late Model main. Lear, who lined up 2nd for the start, burst into the lead on the first lap and would lead the distance aboard his Rocket no.151 to collect his career first Crate score and overall 25th at the track.
“We’ve been getting better every race and I knew I had to take advantage of starting up front tonight.” Said Lear. “My crew and sponsors stick with me through thick and thin and I couldn’t do this without them.” Jeremy Pilkerton was strong in second with current point leader Darren Alvey, Chuck Bowie and Megan Mann completing the top-five.
In support class action, Marty Hanbury drove to his 2nd win of the season in the 16-lap Street Stock feature, Greg Morgan tallied his 2nd of 2019 in a thrilling 15-lap Hobby Stock feature, Jeff Bloch took his first of the season in the 15-lap Strictly Stock event with Allen Griffith Jr. scoring his first win of the year in the 15-lap U-Car contest.
Limited Late Model feature finish
1. Sam Archer 2. Derick Quade 3. Tyler Emory 4. Brandon Long 5. Dale Murphy 6. Billy Tucker 7. Jonny Oliver 8. Todd Plummer 9. Richard Culver
RUSH Crate Late Model feature finish
1. Kyle Lear 2. Jeremy Pilkerton 3. Darren Alvey 4. Chuck Bowie 5. Megan Mann 6. Jakob Piper 7. Mike Raleigh 8. Jonathan Raley 9. Ben Bowie 10. Harry Shipe (DNS)
Street Stock feature finish
1. Marty Hanbury 2. Ed Pope Jr. 3. Deuce Wright 4. Kyle Randall
Hobby Stock feature finish
1. Greg Morgan 2. Mikey Latham 3. Jonathan Knott 4. Buddy Dunagan 5. Kyle Nelson 6. Billy Crouse 7. Colin Long 8. Hilton Pickeral 9. Stevie Gingery 10. James Rainey (DNS)
Strictly Stock feature finish
1. Jeff Bloch 2. John Hardesty 3. Nabil Guffey 4. Jimmy Suite 5. JJ Silvious 6. Danny Kitts 7. Greg Mattingly 8. Johnny Hardesty 9. Daniel Knodle 10. Ed Pope Sr.
U Car feature finish
1. Allen Griffith Jr. 2. Cody Stamp 3. Larry Lamb 4. Tim Steele 5. Justin Knight 6. Ryan Quade 7. Steph Homberg 8. Ben Pirner 9. Stephen Suite 10. Joey Suite 11. Thomas Windsor 12. Owen Lacey 13. Mackenzie Smith 14. Ashley Stansell 15. Dominic King 16. Tyler Grinder (DNS)