Hollidge Doubles in RUSH Crates
By Doug Watson
Budds Creek, MD- Derick Quade added to his point lead as he triumphed for the 3rd time this season in last Friday nights 25-lap Limited Late Model headliner at Potomac Speedway. The win for Quade, steering his Black Diamond no.74, would be his 16th career division feature win and 5th overall of the 2019 season.
Lining up second for the start, Quade took the lead on the first lap and would pace all 25-circuits, taking the win by a wide margin over eventual runner up Tyler Emory. “I’d like to dedicate this win to Billy Vacek.” Quade stated post race. “He was a big help to our team throughout the years and we’re going to miss him.”
Quade was quick to praise those who aided his winning drive. “We have the best crew and sponsors out there and I wouldn’t be able to do any of this without them.” Brandon Long, Sam Archer and Billy Tucker would complete the top-five.
In the companion 25-lap RUSH Crate Late Model main, Dale Hollidge drove his Rocket no.0 to his 2nd feature win of the season. Darren Alvey lead the first 6-laps beford Chuck Bowie took over on lap-seven. Hollidge would quickly overhaul Bowie on the next go round to take the lead and eventual win over Ben Bowie.
“I think my experience in the super car helped us here tonight.” Hollidge said from victory lane. “I ran this car on the top as hard as I could and we were able to get the lead and once we were in clean air this car was pretty good.”
Current point leader Darren Alvey was third with Jonathan Raley and defending track champion Chuck Bowie rounding out the top-five.
In support class action, defending Street Stock champion Ed Pope Jr. scored his 3rd win of the season and career 17th in the divisions 16 lap feature, Kyle Nelson drove to his 2nd win of the season and career 51st, in the 15-lap Hobby Stock main, Greg Mattingly prevailed for his first of 2019 in the 15-lap Strictly Stock contest with current point leader Cody Stamp notching his 3rd of the season in the 15-lap U-Car event.
Limited Late Model feature finish
1. Derick Quade 2. Tyler Emory 3. Brandon Long 4. Sam Archer 5. Billy Tucker 6. Jonny Oliver 7.Scott Wilson
RUSH Crate Late Model feature finish
1. Dale Hollidge 2. Ben Bowie 3. Darren Alvey 4. Jonathan Raley 5. Chuck Bowie 6. Jeremy Pilkerton 7. Megan Mann 8. Timmy Booth 9. Austin Bussler 10. Mike Raleigh
Street Stock feature finish
1. Ed Pope Jr. 2. PJ Hatcher 3. Marty Hanbury 4. Deuce Wright 5. Mike Grady Jr.(DNS)
Hobby Stock feature finish
1. Kyle Nelson 2. Colin Long 3. Mikey Latham 4. Stevie Gingery 5. Hilton Pickeral 6. Greg Morgan 7. Buddy Dunagan 8. Billy Crouse 9. Ray Bucci 10. Jonathan Knott 11. James Rainey
Strictly Stock feature finish
1. Greg Mattingly 2. Nabil Guffey 3. JJ Silvious 4. Jeff Bloch 5. John Hardesty 6. Ed Pope Sr. 7. Johnny Hardesty 8. Nick Keifer 9. Daniel Knodle 10. Danny Kitts
U-Car feature finish
1. Cody Stamp 2. Brad Sayler 3. Steph Homberg 4. Tim Steele 5. Dominic King 6. Justin Knight 7. Ben Pirner 8. Ryan Quade 9. Tyler Grinder 10. Joey Suite 11. Mackenzie Smith 12. Owen Lacey 13. Ashley Stansell 14. Tommy Windsor (DNS)
All photos courtesy of Larry Burnett WRT