This page provides daily information about the operations and scheduling of activities at the Potomac River Test Range and the Explosive Experimental Area (Pumpkin Neck). These facilities are used by our military to conduct munitions testing and should be avoided while testing is in progress. Click on any of the areas of interest to the right for additional information.
Range / Weapons Testing Hotline: 877-845-5656 (toll free) for daily updates on range operation and test schedules.
Noise Questions & Comments:866-359-5540 (toll free) to comment or ask a question about noise or vibrations you think are being caused by operations at Dahlgren.
For more information on NSWC Dahlgren’s range schedule, contact the NSWCDD Public Affairs Office, (540) 653-8152.Range Schedule for June 24, 2019
Monday, June 24
Testing at EEA/Testing at AA Fuze Range/Testing at Building 213/Aircraft and Boat Operations on the Potomac River
- Operating Times: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Noise on Station: Potential to create “VERY LOUD” noise in the southern (Building 101) area of NSF Dahlgren
- Noise Down Range: Potential to create “VERY LOUD” noise down range and in communities surrounding NSF Dahlgren
- River Restrictions: Upper Machodoc Creek area will be restricted
- Roads Closed on Station: River Bank Road, Fuze Road
- Barricades Closed on Station: AA Fuze Range barricades, Building 213 barricades
- EMCON Conditions: Frequency-specific EMCON for UAV operations
- Main Range Shelter Condition: None
- Other Notifications: None