News Release, Town of Leonardtown
Leonardtown, MD- This Friday, July 12th in Leonardtown Square from 6 PM – 9 PM for the Jazz Era Kickoff Party for the Potomac Jazz & Seafood Festival. There will be great music, food, dancing, croquet on the lawn, a costume contest with a cash prize of $500 (courtesy of Escape Rooms of Southern Maryland) and a 50/50 raffle. Dust off your dancing shoes and join us for a fun evening.
A Celebration of Jazz, the Official Kickoff Party for the Potomac Jazz & Seafood Festival
- Friday, July 12, 2019
- 6 PM – 9 PM
- Leonardtown Square
The backup venue in case of inclement weather is Leonard Hall Recreation Center located at:23145 Leonard Hall Dr, Leonardtown, MD 20650. We will make the announcement by 11:00 a.m. about whether we will have to relocate the event. The announcement will be sent out by email and posted on the Town of Leonardtown and the event Facebook pages.
- Music provided by Chesapeake Swingband featuring music from the 20s–50s
- A special Roaring 20’s performance by Ballet Caliente
- There will be a classic antique car show courtesy of St. Mary’s Rod & Classic
- Food provided by Linda’s on the Go and Head of the Bay Farm Ventures
- You can also pre-order picnic bags from the participating restaurants in Town: Big Larry’s Eatery, Social Coffeehouse, Jessie’s Kitchen, Smokey Joe’s on the Town, Shepherd’s Old Field Market, and Port of Leonardtown Winery
- Drop N’ Dine is available through the Leonardtown Arts Center, and ARTful PLAYhouse (at SOF) for parents who would like to have a date night on the Square
- There will be some seating available (thank you to Tri-County Rent a Tent for providing tables and chairs for the event). As space for tables/chairs is limited, attendees may wish to bring portable tables and/or lawn chairs.
- We are inviting attendees to come dressed in attire from their favorite period from the 20’s – 50’s, however, costumes aren’t required (there will be an accessories table with costume pieces available while supplies last)
- There will be a Costume Contest with a $500 GRAND PRIZE for those attendees who want to go all out and dress in attire from the 20’s, 30’s, 40’s or 50’s!
- We will also be holding a 50/50 Raffle ($1 per ticket or 5 for $3). You can pre-purchase tickets in Town Hall located at 22670 Washington Street tomorrow and Friday morning between the hours of 8:30 a.m. or 10:30 a.m. Tickets will also be available for purchase at the event.