ST. MARY’S CITY, Md. – The St. Mary’s College of Maryland men’s tennis team (2-0, 0-0 CAC) held their home opener Tuesday afternoon (Sept. 17) against the Bullets of Gettysburg College (0-1, 0-0) and walked away with a 9-0 win.
St. Mary’s – 9, Gettysburg – 0
- Jon Gorel and first-year Stephen Alam continued their hot start winning 8-2 over Gettysburg’s Patrick Bodovitz and Alec Shalk.
- Ethan Garren and Jack Brandenburg followed up with a convincing 8-1 win over Zach LaChance and Matt Rau.
- Ron Stith and Liam Pratt completed the doubles sweep with another 8-1 win against the Bullets Preston Harmon and Bryce Weigartz.
- Gorel beat Gettysburg’s top player with a score of 6-2, 6-0.
- Garren was back in the number two spot and took advantage of his opportunity by winning his match 6-0, 6-0.
- Alam continued to have a strong start to his young college career defeating his opponent 6-2, 6-0.
- Seniors Brandenburg and Stith brought up the four and five spots and both would also win in their singles matches in straight sets.
- Pratt rounded out the Seahawks lineup in the sixth spot and would solidify the sweep over the Bullets with a 6-0, 6-0 win.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Sept. 25 at Hood College | 1:00 P.M. | Hood College Tennis Complex
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCMtennis| Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks