WASHINGTON, D.C. – The Seahawk women’s soccer team (2-6) went on the road this evening and lost in a 2-0 battle against Catholic University (4-3-2). This was their second in a four-game road stretch.
St. Mary’s College – 0, Catholic – 2
How it Happened
- The Cardinals found success this evening by scoring two goals in the first half of the match. The unassisted goals were scored in the 9th and 31st minutes.
- The Seahawks’ defense faced a total of 15 shots this evening and five corner kicks on their defensive end. Only six of the 15 shots were on goal. MidfielderLauren Gironrecorded two shots this evening, whileMegan Tazza,Ashley Yurich,Emma Schroeder, andErin Moranall had one shot apiece.
- First-year,Audra Hainestallied two saves this evening, making her save percentage on the season, 68.8.Haineswas not the only goalkeeper that saw action in the cage tonight, first-yearGabby Manningalso played some minutes in goal.Manningalso recorded two saves during the match.
Inside the Box Score
- After this evening,Tazzanow has seven shots this season thus far, which is good for a tie for second-most shots on the team.
- Manningstepped in goal after playing midfield and defense in the early portion of the season.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Sept. 28 vs. Mary Washington | 1:00 p.m. | Battleground Athletic Complex
Facebook:StMarysAthletics|Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmwsoccer
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCM_WSOCCER | Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks