FREDERICKSBURG, Va. – The St. Mary’s College of Maryland volleyball team (4-11,0-1) traveled to Fredericksburg, Virginia to take on the Eagles of the University of Mary Washington (7-8, 1-0) for a CAC matchup Saturday afternoon (Sept. 28).
St. Mary’s College – 0, Mary Washington – 3
How It Happened
- The Eagles raced out to a commanding 14-2 lead and would not look back as they took the first set 25-8.
- The Seahawks stormed out to a 5-1 lead in the second, but would then surrender ten straight points to trail 11-5. St. Mary’s College found themselves down 20-9 and were unable to dig themselves out of the hole, eventually dropping the second set 25-6.
- St. Mary’s College found themselves down 7-3 in the third and went on to close that gap as they trailed Mary Washington 10-9. From there, the Eagles pulled away to take the deciding set 25-16
Inside the Box Score
- First-year Kyra Feinaeur led the Seahawks in kills with six and Chanel Lucas was right behind her with five.
- Fatima Bouzid had 16 assists on the day which led the Seahawks.
- Senior Emily Benedict led the Seahawks once again with 17 digs on the afternoon.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Oct. 2 vs. York (Pa.) | 7:00 P.M. | MPOBARC Arena
Facebook: StMarysAthletics | Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCMVB
Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmvb | Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks