Alvey Pads Point Lead in RUSH Crates
By Doug Watson
Budds Creek, MD- Derick Quade capped of his tremendous 2019 campaign as he took his 6th win of the season and secured the Limited Late Model track title in the process.
The win for Quade, steering his potent Black Diamond no.74, would be his 19th career division feature win and his second career class championship with his first coming way back in 2007.
Quade launched from his second starting spot into the race lead and would pace all 20-circuits uncontested for his 11th overall win of the season. “This has no doubt been a dream season for us.” Quade stated in victory lane.
“This team has worked so hard this season and I wouldn’t have been able to do this without them.” Tyler Emory came home second with Brandon Long, Billy Tucker and Scott Wilson completing the top-five.
Current point leader Darren Alvey drove to his 4th win of the season in the companion 20-lap RUSH Crate Late Model main. Alvey, who lined up second for the start, took the lead on lap one and would hold off a late race surge from eventual runner-up Dale Hollidge to collect his 11th career division feature win. “We had a great car tonight and it’s awesome to get this team another win.” Said Alvey. “I saw when Dale got into second he’s give us a run, but I knew if I just kept the car straight we’d be alright, and we were able to get it done tonight.” Chuck Bowie, Jeremy Pilkerton and Jonathan Raley trailed at the finish.
In support class action, PJ Hatcher drove to his 2nd win of the season in the 16-lap Street Stock feature, Colin Long collected his 3rd of the season in the 15-lap Hobby Stock main, rookie Justin Knight tallied his 4th U-Car win with Ed Pope Sr. and John Hardesty splitting the two 15-lap Strictly Stock features.
Limited Late Model feature finish
1. Derick Quade 2. Tyler Emory 3. Brandon Long 4. Billy Tucker 5. Scott Wilson 6. Todd Plummer 7. Richard Culver
RUSH Crate Late Model feature finish
1. Darren Alvey 2. Dale Hollidge 3. Chuck Bowie 4. Jeremy Pilkerton 5. Jonathan Raley 6. Megan Mann 7. Brad Rigdon 8. Mike Raleigh 9. Austin Bussler 10. Timmy Booth 11. Donnie Tepper 12. Ben Bowie
Street Stock feature finish
1. PJ Hatcher 2. Ed Pope Jr. 3. Brad Seibert 4. Marty Hanbury 5. Ben Pirner 6. John Ballou 7. Doug Barber
Hobby Stock feature finish
1. Colin Long 2. Mikey Latham 3. Greg Morgan 4. Kyle Nelson 5. Jonathan Knott 6. Mason Hanson 7. Buddy Dunagan 8. Billy Crouse 9. Dave Adams 10. James Rainey 11. Hilton Pickeral 12. Erik Hanson 13. Wyatt Hanson 14. Davey Pullen
U-Car feature finish
1. Justin Knight 2. Cody Stamp 3. Tim Steele 4. Kyle Randall 5. Stephanie Homberg 6. Dominic King 7. Ryan Quade 8. Joey Suite 9. Mackenzie Smith 10. Ryan Johnson 11. Owen Lacey 12. John Burch 13. Stephen Suite 14. Travis Dye
Strictly Stocks (feature 1)
1. Ed Pope Sr. 2. Nabil Guffey 3. Greg Mattingly 4. Jeff Bloch 5. John Hardesty 6. JJ Silvious 7. Johnny Hardesty 8. Danny Kitts 9. Jimmy Suite 10. Daniel Knodle 11. Dale Simpson
Strictly Stock (feature 2)
1. John Hardesty 2. JJ Silvious 3. Greg Mattingly 4. Ed Pope Sr. 5. Daniel Knodle 6. Jimmy Suite 7. Nabil Guffey 8. Danny Kitts 9. Jeff Bloch 10. Casey Sheckles 11. Johnny Hardesty 12. Dale Simpson (DNS)