ST. MARY’S CITY, Md. – St. Mary’s College of Maryland field hockey improved to 10-0 with a dominant 5-0 victory over the Neumann University Knights on Saturday (Oct. 5) afternoon.
St. Mary’s College – 5, Neumann – 0
How It Happened
- The Seahawks started their dominant performance with a goal fromKelly Emgein the 14th minute. Leading by one score, the Seahawks extended their lead to three with goals from Emge andRachel Lansburyin the second and third quarters.
- St. Mary’s College capped off their victory on Hawktoberfest with goals fromCelina KaufmanandEmily Pulkowski.
Inside the Box Score
- Emgeled the Seahawks with two goals on the afternoon and now has eight points on the year.LansburyandPulkowskitallied their first goals of the season.Kaufmantallied her seventh goal of the season, which leads the Seahawks.
- As at team, St. Mary’s College held the advantage in shots 23-0 and penalty corners 6-2.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Oct. 9 at Stevenson | 4:00 PM | Mustang Stadium
Facebook:StMarysAthletics|Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmfh
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCMFH | Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks