ST. MARY’S CITY, Md. – The St. Mary’s College sailing team competed in two different regattas this weekend, both on the road. The Seahawks were represented at the Coed Showcase Finals and the Caboose Cup Classic, also known as the Hoya Invitational.
How it Happened
- The Coed Showcase Finals were hosted by Connecticut College this weekend (Oct. 19-20) on the Thames River. There were two scoring divisions for the regatta and the Seahawks took 15th place with 204 points.
- St. Mary’s College was represented byLeo BoucherandAshley Wagnerin Division A.BoucherandWagnerplaced 15th with 105 points.Lewis CooperandSophia Taczakcompeted in Division B and finished 15th with 99 points.
- On Sunday (Oct. 20), the Seahawks competed in the Caboose Cup Classic hosted by Georgetown University. Races took place in the Lagoon, which sits in between the Washington Sailing Marina and Reagan National Airport. The Hoyas and the Seahawks were the only teams racing in this regatta. St. Mary’s College placed sixth, eighth, ninth and tenth in the Classic.
- In sixth with 41 points wasJack HemmelgarnandJulia Faranetta. Eighth place was taken byJessica BennettandGenna Viggianowith 44 points tallied.Gloria KevliciuteandEllie Sekowskicame in ninth place with 53 points in total. Coming in tenth wasHunter CuttingandDexter Muellerwho scored 54 points.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Oct. 26-27 | War Memorial | U.S. Merchant Marine Academy
- Oct. 26-27 | MAISA Women’s Fall Dinghy Championships | St. Mary’s College of Maryland
Facebook:StMarysAthletics|Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smc_sailing
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMC_Sailing | Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks