ST. MARY’S CITY, Md. – The St. Mary’s College women’s soccer team (3-14, 1-8 CAC) hosted the University of Mary Washington (7-10, 4-5 CAC) this evening for their second matchup of the 2019 season. The Eagles ended the night with a win with a final score of 2-0.
St. Mary’s College – 0, Mary Washington – 2
How it Happened
- The Seahawks held the Eagles to a 0-0 game until the 20th minute of the match. Mary Washington midfielder, Katherine Brady’s shot was just high of Audra Haines‘ reach. St. Mary’s College defense held Mary Washington until the 61st minute when the Eagles scored the final goal of the game.
- Seahawk defender, Casey Mayo played a crucial role in keeping the ball on the offensive end for St. Mary’s College. Emma Schroeder fired off two shots this evening continuing her reputation of being one of St. Mary’s College’s most dangerous attacking threats.
- Schroeder maintained a 100% shots on goal percentage. St. Mary’s College midfielder, Ashley Yurich tallied one-shot this evening bringing her shot total to nine. Audra Haines faced eight total shots this evening and recorded six saves.
Inside the Box Score
- Mary Washington had the advantage on corner kicks and shots this evening, with eleven corner kicks and 17 shots.
- Schroeder now holds the top spot for shots this season with 14 total. Haines moves to 90 total saves this season, a save percentage of 68%, and a goals-against-average of 2.5.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Oct. 29 at Southern Virginia | 5:00 P.M. | Knight Stadium
Facebook: StMarysAthletics | Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmwsoccer
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCM_WSOCCER | Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks