ST. MARY’S CITY, Md. – The St. Mary’s College of Maryland men’s basketball team (0-2) hosted the Randolph-Macon College Yellow Jackets (2-0) in the final game of the Dan Greene/Wayne Cook Memorial Tournament on Sunday (Nov. 10) afternoon. The Seahawks were downed by the Yellow Jackets 84-40.
St. Mary’s College – 40, No. 24 Randolph-Macon – 84
How It Happened
- The Seahawks struggled to begin the contest and would never recover from their 18-2 deficit to start the game. The Yellow Jackets continued to tack onto their advantage and headed into halftime with a 51-18 lead over the Seahawks.
- Randolph-Macon drained 12 triples to separate themselves from the Seahawks and took advantage of the 17 turnovers St. Mary’s College committed, scoring 24 points off of Seahawk errors. St. Mary’s College failed to string together any scoring runs to inch themselves back in the game and eventually fell 84-40.
Inside the Box Score
- Justin Milstead led the Seahawks with 15 points and added two rebounds. Tryllian Young paced St. Mary’s College on the glass with a team-high six rebounds. Phil Newsome and Miles Gillette followed with five rebounds each, respectively. Additionally, Gillette contributed on the offensive end with seven points.
- Corey Bays led the Yellow Jackets with a double-double, knocking down 18 points and collecting 11 rebounds.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Nov. 13 at UMBC | 12:00 PM | UMBC Event Center
Facebook: StMarysAthletics | Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcm_mbb
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCM_MBB | Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks