News Release, LIDL.us
Event Will Offer Shoppers Special Deals and Giveaways on Top of Lidl’s Reliably Low Prices
ARLINGTON, VA – Lidl today announced it will open its newest store in Maryland on Wednesday, December 18, at 8:00 a.m. The new Lidl food market is located at 3461 Promenade Place in Waldorf.
The ribbon-cutting event, which will begin at 7:40 a.m., will kick off a weekend of get-them-while-you-can special offers, giveaways, and prizes for shoppers. The Waldorf store will be Lidl’s first in the city and sixth in Maryland. The store will be open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday-Sunday.
On top of the special offers during the grand opening, shoppers will enjoy reliably low prices and can expect to see a price-cutting effect at other stores in the region. A study from the University of North Carolina found that grocery stores located near Lidl food markets dropped their prices for individual products by as much as 55 percent.
“We’re excited to open our Waldorf store on December 18 so that the community can come out and shop with us ahead of the holidays,” said Waldorf Store Manager Patrick Linker. “I look forward to working with my team to bring high-quality products at low prices to the great community of Waldorf.”
Grand Opening Event Details
Customers will be able to take advantage of get-them-while-you-can grand opening special offers at the new Waldorf store. It will include the following:
- The first 100 customers will be presented with a special gift card ranging from $5 to $100 each.
- Shoppers can get free samples of an array of Lidl’s products and a complimentary Lidl reusable bag while supplies last.
- Games, activities, prizes, special deals, and giveaways throughout grand opening weekend.
Rethink Grocery Shopping
Lidl has been repeatedly recognized for its shopping experience. Food & Wine magazine recently ranked Lidl a Top 3 U.S. Supermarket – ahead of retailers like Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods. Lidl has also won more than 500 U.S. awards for its exclusive products.
When entering the Waldorf store, shoppers can also expect to experience the following:
- World-Class Shopping Experience:
- Shoppers will save time and money each week with Lidl’s award-winning assortment and low Lidl prices.
- The Waldorf food market will be a new and beautiful store with an easy-to-shop layout that will mean a faster and more convenient shop for customers. The U.S. EPA has recognized Lidl stores for its environmentally-friendly designs.
- Quality Without Question:
- Healthy, responsible choices, including hundreds of organic and gluten-free products.
- American products – the majority of the high-quality products in Lidl’s assortment are proudly sourced in the U.S.
- Unique, European specialty items ranging from hard-to-find cheeses to authentic specialty sauces, cured meats, and more.
- Award-winning foods– Lidl’s private label products have won more than 500 awards and counting!
- The Lidl Love it Guarantees– A logo that guarantees customer satisfaction; shoppers love the product they buy – or they are entitled to a refund and a replacement.
- Surprise and Delight:
- Lidl offers an ever-changing selection of food and non-food specials brought in each Wednesday for a limited time, keeping the shopping experience exciting and new. The rotating non-food selection will include fitness gear, small kitchen appliances, toys, outdoor furniture, and more.
- Committed to Fresh:
- Lidl produce is brought in fresh each day and features more than 100 high-quality fresh fruit and vegetable options at low Lidl prices.
- All Lidl flowers are guaranteed fresh and beautiful for five days at a minimum, with roses and lilies guaranteed for seven.
- Shoppers love Lidl’s fresh bakery, which will be located at the entrance of the Waldorf food market.
- Focused On Our People:
- Lidl offers wages and benefits for our team that are above the industry standard in every market in which it operates.
- Lidl recently announced it would expand healthcare coverage to all workers starting in January 2020, including those working part-time, regardless of the number of hours worked.
Lidl operates more than 11,000 stores and is active in 32 countries, employing around 287,000 employees globally. Lidl offers customers the highest quality fresh produce, meat, bakery items and a wide array of household products at the lowest possible prices. Lidl first established its U.S. headquarters in Arlington County, Virginia, in June 2015, and today sells its award-winning products in more than 75 stores across nine east coast states. For more information, visit www.Lidl.com.