LYNCHBURG, Va. – The St. Mary’s College of Maryland women’s basketball team (3-9) fell this evening to Old Dominion Athletic Conference member, Randolph College (5-7). This is the first game on the road of a five-game streak.
St. Mary’s College – 41, Randolph College – 65
How it Happened
- The Seahawks started the game strong finding most of their success from inside the paint, tallying six points. St. Mary’s College also went on a seven-point scoring run which helped bring them into the second quarter up by three points. Gina Seifert was on fire recording six total points in the first quarter, while Stephanie Howell brought in three points. Howell also contributed three rebounds and two assists for the Seahawks.
- Seifert contributed six points again in the second quarter and four more Seahawks added points to the board as well. Cameron Mangold contributed four points as well and one assist. Chyna Landon recorded three points, while Ashleigh Bonanno tallied two points and two rebounds for the Seahawks. St. Mary’s College held a three-point lead over Randolph until the Wildcats picked up their speed and took a one-point lead entering half time.
- Kelli Jenkins entered the second half with fire leading the team with six points. Seifert contributed defensively in the third quarter with three rebounds. The Seahawks were 100% in shooting free-throws this quarter however, the Wildcats were able to put away more points. Randolph recorded 18 points compared to St Mary’s College who was able to score ten.
- Chyna Landon and Kyaira Priest contributed three points apiece in the fourth quarter. Seifert, Mangold, and Caitlin Mays tallied two rebounds each helping the Seahawks defensively. Randolph found their stride offensively in the fourth quarter, making them victorious.
Inside the Box Score
- Seifert led the team in scoring and rebounds this evening with 12 points and eight rebounds. Mays, Howell, and Mangold tied this evening for assists each contributed two.
- Kayln Banks for Randolph College recorded a double-double with 17 points and 14 rebounds for the Wildcats.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Jan. 8 at Mary Baldwin | 6:00 P.M. | PAC