Support Local Journalism
Thank you for all of your comments, ideas, photos and support!
ST. MARY’S CITY, Md. – The St. Mary’s College of Maryland men’s tennis team (5-1, 0-0 CAC) hosted its second match of the Spring season Saturday (Mar. 7) as they hosted the Randolph College Wildcats (0-7, 0-1 ODAC) and walked away with an 8-1 win.
St. Mary’s College – 8, Randolph – 1
- Stephen Alam and Ethan Garren once again held down the top doubles spot and walked away with an 8-6 win over Randolph’s Nicolas Alvavado and Alex Kulvivat.
- Seniors Jon Gorel and Ron Stith also claimed a doubles win but in a more comfortable fashion as they took home an 8-0 win over the Wildcat’s Jose Merhej and John Coffron.
- Alam has continued to impress in his first year as he claimed a 6-1,6-2 win in the second spot.
- Garren, Jack Brandenburg and Ron Stith all won their singles matches as well as the three all won in straight sets while only dropping a combined two sets along the way.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- March 14 vs William Peace University | 1:00 P.M. | Ragland Tennis Courts