Support Local Journalism
Thank you for all of your comments, ideas, photos and support!
News Release, Charles County Public Schools
The Maryland Public Secondary School Athletic Association (MPSSAA), Towson University and the University of Maryland, College Park, announced last night that the St. Charles High School boys’ basketball game Thursday, March 12, at College Park and the Westlake High School girls’ basketball game at Towson on Friday, March 13, will be held in a closed gym format.
Due to the closed gym format, there are restrictions on who can attend the games. Ticket refunds will be made to those who have purchased tickets online. The MPSSAA is working to arrange a live stream of the games.
Those who are permitted to attend the games include:
- Essential tournament staff
- Participating teams limited to the official party of 21 as determined by the MPSSAA
- The certified athletic trainer of participating teams
- Game officials
- Parents or legal guardians of participating players
- The significant other of coaching staff
- The superintendent or the superintendent’s designee for athletics
- The school principal and
- The school athletic director.