News Release, Calvert County Public Information Office
PRINCE FREDERICK, Md. – March 17, 2020 –The Linda L. Kelley Animal Shelter will close to the public and volunteers as a precautionary measure to slow the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). There has been no indication of COVID-19 at the shelter, and there are currently no confirmed cases in Calvert County.
The closure is effective at close of business March 17, until further notice, with the following adjustments:
- Animal intake through the shelter will cease until further notice.
- Owner reclamations and rescue transport will be conducted by appointment only.
- Drop-off donations will not be accepted. Monetary donations can be mailed to the shelter at 5055 Hallowing Point Road, Prince Frederick MD 20678.
- The volunteer program is temporarily suspended.
- Adoption inquiries can be made by phone or email.
Shelter staff will remain on-site to care for animals and to sanitize and disinfect the facility. For questions, please contact the shelter during normal business hours at 410-535-7387 or AnimalShelter@calvertcountymd.gov.
The county continues to share the latest updates surrounding Calvert County’s response to COVID-19 through a virtual resource center on its website, including any precautionary measures, guidance, and closures at www.CalvertCountyMd.gov/Coronavirus.