News Release, Charles County Public Information Office
For the protection of our residents and county employees, Charles County Government will not accept in-person payments at the County Government locations in La Plata and Waldorf starting Monday, March 23. No cash payments will be accepted at this time. The following payment procedures will be implemented until further notice:
- Electronic payments:www.CharlesCountyMD.gov/services/online-payments
- Telephone payments – Taxes & Water/Sewer – 1-866-692-6828
- Mail payments: (Include your invoice with payment).
- Taxes and Deeds: Charles County Treasury at P.O. Box 2607, La Plata, MD 20646.
- Water/Sewer Payments: Charles County Government, P.O. Box 1630, La Plata, MD 20646
- Red Light/Speed Camera Citations: Charles County Government, P.O. Box 1660, Waldorf, MD 20604
- Drop box (check or money order payments – Include your invoice with payment)
Government Building locations (located at the side of the building):
- 200 Baltimore St., La Plata, MD 20646
- 3670 Leonardtown Rd, Waldorf, MD 20601
Charles County will accept lien certifications via the mail, fax or electronically through the County website atwww.CharlesCountyMD.gov. These documents will be forwarded by mail or e-mail based on the submitters request.
Charles County will accept deed payments via the mail, or electronically through Simplifile atwww.simplifile.com, or by calling 1-800-460-5657. Documents will not be available for pick up in the Treasury office after March 20. Treasury will mail documents to the submitter or deliver them to the courthouse.
Questions may be directed as follows:
- Liens and Recordings – (301) 645-0685, (301) 870-2249 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tax and all other payments – (301) 645-0685, (301) 870-2249 email@example.com
- Water and Sewer Billing – (301) 645-0624, (301) 885-1313 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Traffic Operations-(301) 932-3519
Citizens with special needs may contact the Maryland Relay Service at 711, or Relay Service TDD: 800-735-2258.