Support Local Journalism
Thank you for all of your comments, ideas, photos and support!
Service reductions effective Monday, March 23, 2020
News Release, St. mary’s County Public Information Office
LEONARDTOWN, MD – The safety of riders and employees is a top priority for St. Mary’s County, St. Mary’s Transit System (STS) and Maryland Department of Transportation-Maryland Transit Administration (MDOT MTA). We are closely monitoring the coronavirus/COVID-19 situation to ensure our protocols are aligned with recommendations issued by the Maryland Department of Health (MDH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
St. Mary’s County STS has proactively initiated an enhanced daily wipe-down of bus, and paratransit vehicles to include disinfecting areas with high passenger touchpoints.
St. Mary’s County STS Bus System will implement service reductions on all parts of the STS System modes effective Monday, March 23, 2020.
- Local Fixed Route Bus – to minimize operator contact, the passenger must place fare or ticket in the farebox or show their monthly pass or daily pass while boarding the bus.
- No more than 10 passengers are allowed on the bus at a time, a passenger must wait until the following hour to ride the bus, first responders and medical service workers will be given priority boarding.
- Saturday service schedule will be followed plus the supplemental schedule:
- Rt. 3 Great Mills Route (Supplemental) Tulagi Place to Callaway and return Every hour 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. (see attached)
- Rt. 6 Northern Route -Every other odd hour 7 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.
- Rt. 7 Southern Route- Every other odd hour. 7 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.
- Rt. 11 Great Mills/California Route- Every hour, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Rt. 12 Leonardtown Route- Every hour, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Rt. 14 County Span Route-NB/SB Every other even hour.6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday Service
- Rt. 11 Great Mills/California Route – 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Rt. 12 Leonardtown – 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Mobility – ADA and SSTAP paratransit service will continue to book and provide medical trips such as dialysis, chemotherapy, hospitals, clinics, mental health facilities as well as trips to pharmacies and grocery stores.
- All other trips are canceled until further notice.
- All eligibility certification will continue as usual, please mail or make an appointment.
STS Transit Office – STS office will be open on a limited basis, residents are asked to call call the STS dispatcher at 301-475-4200 x 1120 for an appointment for the purchase of tickets or passes or request a paratransit application or employment application to be mailed. Tickets and Passes will be available from the STS Drivers. For Saturday STS transit schedules please go to www.stmarysmd.com.
Lost & Found – retrieval of lost & found items may be delayed unless they are related to safety and security, such as medical devices, cell phones and personal identification. Please call the STS dispatcher at 301-475-4200 x 1120.
COVID-19 Prevention Tips
These everyday preventive steps have proven effective at slowing the spread of respiratory illnesses like colds and flu:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, your sleeve or your elbow.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using standard cleaning practices.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you are sick, stay home, except when seeking medical care.
Stay informed by visiting the St. Mary’s County Government website at www.stmarysmd.com.