News Release, St. Mary’s County Health Department
LEONARDTOWN, MD (March 26, 2020) – The Calvert County Health Department hasannouncedthe following potential public exposure risk relating to a confirmed positive case of COVID-19 in a Calvert County resident:
7-Eleven, 3675 Hallowing Point Rd, Prince Frederick, MD 20678
Dates: March 12 – 25, 2020
Community members who were also at this location during thespecified datesmay be at some risk for acquiring COVID-19 and should:
- Self-monitor for symptoms of a respiratory infection including fever, flu-like symptoms, cough, or shortness of breath until 14 days have passed from the date of exposure
- Stay home as much as possible
- Take additional precautions of washing hands frequently and avoid contact with people over age 60 and people of any age with weakened immune systems
Out of an abundance of caution, the 7-Eleven regional office has closed the regional franchises, including Prince Frederick and Mechanicsville (28240 Three Notch Rd) stores.At this time, there is no known exposure risk associated with the Mechanicsville location.The St. Mary’s County Health Department will notify residents immediately if an exposure risk is determined for this location through the ongoing investigation.
If you develop symptoms:
- Call your healthcare provider
- If you do not have a healthcare provider and are a St. Mary’s County resident, call the St. Mary’s County COVID-19 Community Hotline (Monday – Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at 301-475-4911) to speak with a Health Department nurse
- Self-isolate – Remain at home until you receive instructions about the next steps from your healthcare provider or local health department. Stay at least 6 feet away from others. If possible, do not share a bathroom or bedroom with others in your household.
- Those with mild symptoms can stay home. If symptoms worsen or you need medical attention, call ahead before going to your doctor’s office, urgent care or emergency department. Use 9-1-1 if in a medical emergency and notify dispatch of your potential exposure concerns.
For more information about COVID-19, please see the St. Mary’s County Health Department website atwww.smchd.org/coronavirus.