Carryout, Curbside and Delivery Services Available
News Release, Calvert County Public Information Office
PRINCE FREDERICK, Md. – March 27, 2020 – Many Calvert County restaurants remain open with carryout, curbside and delivery options available. With recent precautionary measures implemented by Gov. Hogan’s office, restaurants have adjusted operations to provide safe and convenient food service to citizens.
Citizens can visit www.eCalvert.com/COVID19RestaurantsOpen, for a list of restaurants open. Visit regularly for updates on restaurants open to the public during this time.
Citizens are encouraged to call restaurants directly to verify hours of operation and services. Restaurants not included on the list should contact the Calvert County Department of Economic Development firstname.lastname@example.org request to be added.
Find additional resources through the Department of Economic Development’s COVID-19 resource page atwww.eCalvert.com/COVID19. Business owners with questions or in need of assistance may contact the Department of Economic Development email@example.com 410-535-4583.
Business owners, employees, and patrons are urged to follow aggressive precautionary actions that will reduce the risk of infection and limit the spread of COVID-19 from other areas.
According to the Calvert County Health Department and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the COVID-19 virus through the following prevention measures:
- Avoid large gatherings, both public and private.
- Avoid going into public places as much as possible.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. Use a hand sanitizer if soap and water are not readily available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Protect others by staying home if you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or inside of your elbow when you cough or sneeze.
- Throw used tissues in the trash and immediately wash your hands or use a hand sanitizer.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily, including doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
The county continues to share the latest updates surrounding Calvert County’s response to COVID-19 through a virtual resource center on its website, including any precautionary measures, guidance, and closures at www.CalvertCountyMd.gov/Coronavirus.