Support Local Journalism
Thank you for all of your comments, ideas, photos and support!
News Release, Charles County Public Information Office
The Board of County Commissioners has provided the Charles County Charitable Trust with relief funds of $100,000 to assist non-profits that support Charles County’s individuals and families most impacted by the pandemic crisis.
Submission Deadline: Wednesday, April 22, 2020
Grant Period: Funds must be spent by Aug. 31, 2020
- Applicants must have IRS recognition as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization and operate in Charles County.
- Proposed program activities benefit Charles County residents.
- Each application is reviewed for completeness and then forwarded to the Charitable Board of Directors. Key factors include:
- Evidence of need or problem existing in the community.
- Specific information on how the organization plans to address that need or problem, including expected outcomes.
- Based on organizational history and current resources.
- A presentation of charity’s fiscal situation and its proposed budget for the planned services .
Notification of Awards: Thursday, May 7, 2020
To Apply: Visit www.charlesnonprofits.org/covid-19
This grant is not a part of the Fiscal 2021 Charitable Trust’s Nonprofit Grant Awards Program, which will begin on July 1.
For additional information or assistance, email Susan Petroff at SPetroff@CharlesNonprofits.org. Citizens with special needs may contact the Maryland Relay Service at 711, or Relay Service TDD: 800-735-2258.