News Release, Charles County Public Information Office
The Board of County Commissioners has provided the Charles County Charitable Trust with relief funds of $100,000 to assist non-profits that support Charles County’s individuals and families most impacted by the pandemic crisis.
Submission Deadline:Wednesday, April 22, 2020
Grant Period:Funds must be spent by Aug. 31, 2020
- Applicants must have IRS recognition as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization and operate in Charles County.
- Proposed program activities benefit Charles County residents.
- Each application is reviewed for completeness and then forwarded to the Charitable Board of Directors. Key factors include:
- Evidence of need or problem existing in the community.
- Specific information on how the organization plans to address that need or problem, including expected outcomes.
- Based on organizational history and current resources.
- A presentation of charity’s fiscal situation and its proposed budget for the planned services .
Notification of Awards:Thursday, May 7, 2020
This grant is not a part of the Fiscal 2021 Charitable Trust’s Nonprofit Grant Awards Program, which will begin on July 1.
For additional information or assistance, email Susan Petroff at SPetroff@CharlesNonprofits.org. Citizens with special needs may contact the Maryland Relay Service at 711, or Relay Service TDD: 800-735-2258.