By: Lynne O’Meara, Southern Maryland Restaurants
As our community, and the nation, begins to recover from the pandemic, I want to let you know about restaurants now open for full-service outdoor dining.
According to Governor Hogan’s announcement on May 27th, effective Friday, May 29, at 5:00 pm:
Restaurants as well as social organizations such as American Legions, VFWs, and Elks Clubs will be able to begin safely reopening for outdoor dining following strict public health requirements consistent with the CDC, FDA, and the National Restaurant Association. The Governor’s order says:
– Ensure patrons are appropriately distanced with no more than six people seated at a table, with the exception of members of the same household.
– Ensure patrons are seated at least six feet away from each other, except for households seated together.
– Use single-use disposable paper menus or sanitize reusable menus between each seating.
– Sanitize outdoor tables and chairs between each customer seating.
– Train staff in current COVID-19 health and workplace guidelines.
– Begin screening procedures including daily temperature checks of all staff.
– Ensure staff wear masks or face coverings when interacting with other employees or patrons.
In an effort to promote safer dining and support the restaurant industry, the governor is encouraging local jurisdictions to expand the footprint of outdoor dining by allowing for the closing of streets and expanding into parking lots and public outdoor spaces.”
I know I am looking forward to getting out of the house, being seated and enjoying a delicious meal. Currently, most restaurants with outdoor seating offer counter-service only, however some restaurants have found ways to make outdoor seating and wait staff work.
I have updated my spreadsheets to show only those restaurants with sit-down service. Please check with the individual restaurant’s Facebook page or website for hours and menus. I am sure I’ve missed some restaurants, so let me know and I will update my spreadsheets. Thank you!
Enjoy and eat great food!