News Release, St. Mary’s County Public Information Office
LEONARDTOWN, MD– The Kayak Launch at Piney Point Lighthouse Museum & Historic Park will now be open to interested paddlers every Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Those wishing to use the launch during the week will need to pre-register.
Interested kayakers should visitwww.stmarysmd.com/recreate/PPLto download the registration form. The form should be filled out and returned toApril.Havens@stmarysmd.comfor prior approval before paddlers may utilize the launch.
Museum staff will be on-site during the above hours and days should kayakers need assistance or information.
While Piney Point Lighthouse Museum is still closed to the public, visitors may utilize the walking paths, pier and picnic pavilion while observing proper social distancing procedures.
For more information, please call 301-994-1471 or emailApril.Havens@stmarysmd.com.
About the St. Mary’s County Museum Division
The St. Mary’s County Museum Division was established by the Commissioners of St. Mary’s County to collect, preserve, research and interpret the historic sites and artifacts which illustrate the natural and cultural histories of St. Mary’s County and the Potomac River. With this as its charter, the Museum Division serves as a resource, liaison, and community advocate for all St. Mary’s County public and private cultural assets. For more information regarding hours of operation, programs, events, admission prices, and more, visit the St. Mary’s County Museum Division’s social media pages on Facebook at Facebook.com/SCIMuseum or Facebook.com/1836Light, or on Twitter at @StClemIsMuseum or @PineyPtLHMuseum, or at Museums.StMarysMD.com.