News Release, Maryland Lottery
Lottery winners canschedule appointments onlineor by phone
The Maryland Lottery Claims Center will reopen to the public by appointment only beginning Wednesday, June 24.Schedule your appointment online here.The Claims Center, located in the Montgomery Park Business Center at 1800 Washington Boulevard in Baltimore, has been closed since March 30 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
In order to ensure the safety of the Lottery’s customers and staff, all winners claiming prizes larger than $5,000 at the Lottery Claims Center must make an appointment.
Prizes less than $600 should be claimed at one of the4,400 Maryland Lottery retailers across the state; prizes up to $5,000 should be claimed at any of the nearly400 Maryland Lottery Expanded Cashing Authority Program (XCAP) locations.
No walk-ins will be allowed at the Lottery Claims Center. Appointments are required. Here are the key details of the appointment-only claims process:
- To schedule an appointment online, visitmdlottery.com/appointments.
- Claims Center hours are 8:45 a.m. to 4:15 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Once an appointment has been scheduled online, an email confirmation will be sent with the date and time of the appointment. Check your email’s Spam/Junk folder if you do not see the confirmation email in your Inbox.
- Winners who do not have Internet access can schedule an appointment by calling 410-230-2030.
- Winners must bring two forms of identification with them to their Claims Center appointment: a photo ID and a second document that shows proof of the winner’s Social Security Number. Examples of the accepted forms of ID are listed on theHow To Claim page of the Lottery’s website.
- The winner’s name must match exactly on both of the identification documents, or the Lottery will be unable to process the ticket.(Winner’s first and last name, middle initial or name, Jr. etc.)
- Appointments will be scheduled 10 minutes apart.
- Winners are asked to arrive no more than 5 minutes before their scheduled appointment. Anyone arriving more than 5 minutes before their appointment time, will be asked to wait outside the building. Anyone who is more than 10 minutes late to their appointment will have to reschedule for another time.
- Free parking is available in the Montgomery Park Business Center’s Red Lot, accessible from Washington Boulevard, across the street from Royal Farms and just south of the intersection with Monroe Street. Use the intercom at the parking lot’s entrance to speak with the Montgomery Park Security staff and tell them you have an appointment with the Lottery.
- All visitors will be required to wear a mask upon entering the building.Visitors will not be allowed into the Lottery Claims Center unless they are wearing a mask.
- The Montgomery Park security staff will ask all visitors to the building a set of screening questions regarding the COVID-19 virus. Anyone who reports having registered a fever in the last 14 days or who was been in close proximity to anyone who tested positive will be asked to leave the premises.
- Only the winner who is claiming a prize will be permitted to take the elevator to the Lottery’s office on the third floor of the Montgomery Park Business Center. However, winners who require physical assistance will be permitted to bring one person with them to the Lottery office.
- Names provided during the scheduling process are for the Lottery’s internal use only. Lottery winners’ identities are not made public without the winner’s written consent.
- Players who do not wish to make an appointment may claim by mail or use the Claims Dropbox in the lobby of the Montgomery Park Business Center. Claim forms are available for download from theHow To Claim page of the Lottery’s website. Copies of the winner’s identification documents must also be included. Please allow at least 30 days for processing of tickets sent by mail or deposited in the Claims Dropbox.