News Release, Charles County Public Schools
Charles County Public Schools (CCPS) has updated summer hours at its 11 meal sites which provide free meals for children 18 and younger.
Beginning this week, the sites are open 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Thursday until Aug. 13, and closed on Fridays. Children will receive two meal bags on Thursday with food included for Friday.
CCPS meal distribution sites can provide parents with food for their children with or without their children being present. If the child is not present, the person picking up the meals must be the child’s parent or guardian, and show staff their child’s CCPS student identification (ID) badge or report card copy showing their student ID number.
Parents with children not yet enrolled in school should attempt to bring some type of age verification to show to site staff, such as a copy of a birth certificate.
The meals are served with social distancing guidelines in mind, with curbside meals provided 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday through Thursday at the following schools:
- Dr. Thomas L. Higdon Elementary School;
- Indian Head Elementary School;
- Henry E. Lackey High School
- Maurice J. McDonough High School;
- Mt. Hope/Nanjemoy Elementary School;
- Dr. Samuel A. Mudd Elementary School;
- J.C. Parks Elementary School;
- J.P. Ryon Elementary School;
- Milton M. Somers Middle School;
- St. Charles High School; and
- Westlake High School.