Support Local Journalism
Thank you for all of your comments, ideas, photos and support!
TEDxGreatMills will hold a free, virtual event, themed “Seeding the Future,” on September 12, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. – 12: 30 p.m. Speakers will present their talks and host interactive discussions and activities with attendees, followed by a round table discussion at the end.
“We hope this year’s TEDxGreatMills theme helps to plant seeds of resilience, compassion, innovation, and hope for the future”, said Dr. Christine L. Bergmark, Executive Director for TEDXGreatMills, “as seven speakers come together to spark deep discussion and connection. The COVID-19 pandemic has taken a huge economic toll on our community, which is why this year our team decided to offer tickets at no cost, and all donations are welcome.”
Individual presenters and topics are as follows:
- Alison Waldman will share her experiences re-imagining hospitals as places of community building, creativity, and care through dance and movement.
- Michael Blackwell will discuss the changing role of public libraries in the 21st century.
- Raven Baxter will focus on fostering change in STEM culture and the corporate science world through self-awareness, music, and “being your unapologetic self”.
- Jennifer Narkevicius will present on designing with the end-user in mind: humans first, machines and technology come next.
- Captain Steve Hall will present his experience of human kindness and patience during a time of vulnerability and stress.
- Mary Ruth McGinn will inspire you to think about how musical theater can be used to transform education in public schools.
- Kate Tully will share her work with farmers and policy makers along the east coast to help them evolve as salt water invades and transforms their land.
This independent TEDx event is operated under license from TED.
To register for this free event and more information, please visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tedxgreatmills-2020-tickets-104809401742. For more information on TEDxGreatMills, please visit their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/TEDxGreatMills or their website at https://www.tedxgreatmills.com/.