Waldorf, MD- On Sunday, February 28, 2021, the Waldorf Volunteer Fire Department responded to 10904 Maryland Woods Court for a reported structure fire.
Upon arrival they discovered a 2-story, split foyer home engulfed. Thirty firefighters battled the blaze before gaining control in twenty-minutes. The Office of The State Fire Marshal was called to investigate.
According to the Fire Marshal’s preliminary report, the fire was the result of an electrical event from a small freezer plugged into a power strip. The occupants of the home witnessed the fire and were able to safely escape without injury. The occupants of the home are being assisted by family. There was 1 firefighter injury. The firefighter was transported to MedStar Washington for treatment of minor burns.