Waldorf, MD- On Sunday, February 28, 2021, the Waldorf Volunteer Fire Department responded to 10904 Maryland Woods Court for a reported structure fire.

Upon arrival they discovered a 2-story, split foyer home engulfed. Thirty firefighters battled the blaze before gaining control in twenty-minutes. The Office of The State Fire Marshal was called to investigate.

According to the Fire Marshal’s preliminary report, the fire was the result of an electrical event from a small freezer plugged into a power strip.  The occupants of the home witnessed the fire and were able to safely escape without injury.  The occupants of the home are being assisted by family.   There was 1 firefighter injury.  The firefighter was transported to MedStar Washington for treatment of minor burns.


David M. Higgins II, Publisher/Editor

David M. Higgins was born in Baltimore and grew up in Southern Maryland. He has had a passion for journalism since high school. After spending many years in the Hospitality Industry he began working in...

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply